New York Criminal Defense Attorney
Attorney Bruno V. Gioffre, Jr. was born and raised right here in New York in a family that supported itself through small business ownership in the retail liquor business. It was through working in the liquor industry, which enabled Bruno to put himself through law school. Bruno graduated from Iona College in 1995 after studying pre-law on a baseball scholarship and in 1998 graduated from Pace University School of Law where he focused on criminal law.
- Connecticut – 1998
- New York – 1999
- Florida – 2001
- EDNY and SDNY – 1999
- Connecticut – 2012
Bruno has been licensed since 1998 and is authorized to practice in both the state and federal courts of New York and Connecticut.. He is also licensed to practice in the state of Florida. Bruno began his legal career working as an Assistant Attorney General for the New York State Attorney General’s Office. There he learned civil rights and police brutality law, as it was his job to defend the New York State Department of Corrections, New York State Police and New York State Division of Parole in Federal Civil Rights and police brutality cases. Bruno also honed his legal writing and oral argument skills by handling federal appeals for the State of New York. Bruno also worked for a short time for the Florida Attorney General representing the State of Florida in death penalty appeals.
In late 2002 Bruno returned from Florida and started in private practice based in White Plains, NY. He worked on several high profile cases, including:
- Representation of a Mount Kisco police officer accused in State Court of homicide in killing a subject in his custody. After a jury trial the client was found not guilty.
- Represented a person who was being investigated by the Port Chester police for a homicide. Police never brought charges.
- Assisted in the investigation and defense of a teenager charged with manslaughter for the death of another teenager after a knife fight before the Westchester County Court. Client found not guilty after jury trial.
- Assisted in the investigation and defense of a person indicted on murder charges. After a bench trial defendant was acquitted of all charges.
- Represented a person in New York County Supreme Court on an Attempted Murder Charge. Case dismissed.
- Client charged before the Mount Kisco Justice Court with sexual abuse and statutory rape. After a jury trial, client was acquitted of all charges.
- Client charged with Assault in the Third Degree before the Cold Spring Justice Court. After a jury trial client was found not guilty.
- Client charged with Assault in the Third Degree before the Sleepy Hollow Justice Court. After a jury trial client was found not guilty.
- Dismissal of the charges of Criminal Possession of a Forged Instrument, a Class D felony, in Bronx County Criminal Court.
- Represented a person in New York County Criminal Court charged with felony possession of ecstasy. Case dismissed.
Other Practice Areas
In addition to state and federal criminal practice, Attorney Gioffre began practicing New York Liquor License Law. Since 2002 Bruno has represented hundreds of applicants before the New York State Liquor Authority to obtain liquor licenses and defend administrative punitive actions taken against licensees.
Bruno Gioffre currently represents notable establishments such as Butter, 1OAK, Up & Down, Southern Hospitality, The Hunt & Fish Club & Don Coqui.
Law Office of Bruno V. Gioffre, Jr., PLLC
In 2009, Bruno Gioffre founded his own practice to personally serve the public with high quality legal services. In addition to practicing liquor license and criminal defense law, Bruno also practices:
- Civil rights law (42 USC § 1983), known as “Section 1983” law
- Civil Litigation on the state and federal levels
- Process for applicants pistol permit applications and, when denied or revoked represents applicants before the Supreme Court in
- Article 78 proceedings
- Certificates of relief from disability
- Certificates of good conduct
- Administrative law and Article 78 proceedings as follows:
- Liquor licenses
- Pistol and gun permits
- Drivers license reinstatement after revocation
If you require the assistance of a lawyer, Attorney Gioffre stands ready to assist you today. You will always speak with Attorney Bruno Gioffre about your legal problem and not another lawyer. He gives free phone and initial in person consultation. Give him a call today.